A poem by Susan Erling
For those few weeks -
I had you to myself.
And that seems too short a time
to be changed so profoundly.
In those few weeks -
I came to know you...
and to love you.
You came to trust me with your life.
Oh, what a life I had planned for you!
Just those few weeks -
When I lost you,
I lost a lifetime of hopes,
plans, dreams, and aspirations.
A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.
Just those few weeks -
It wasn't enough time to convince others
how special and important you were.
How odd, a truly unique person has recently died
and no one is mourning the passing.
Just a mere few weeks -
And no "normal" person would cry
all night over a tiny, unfinished baby,
or get depressed and withdrawn day after endless day.
No one would, so why am I?
You were just those few weeks, my Little One.
You darted in and out of life too quickly.
But it seems that's all the time you needed to make my life so much richer
and give me a small glimpse of eternity.
Well we found out the end of February we were expecting another little angle. It was kind of a shock, I had just got of bc to start trying in January. We of course were thrilled, and I have been going through all the normal beginning stages of pregnancy, very tired, hating food yet starving all the time..... all that fun stuff!
I was concerned about 4 weeks ago when I had a OB appt. and she didnt hear the heartbeat, but she said since I was only around 10 weeks that sometimes the way the baby was positioned you wouldn't be able to hear it. I left the doctor that day confused, but trusting my doctor. Then last week I began having some bleeding, I called the doctor and they scheduled an ultrasound for the next morning. When we went in last Thursday April 16th, they could not find our babies hearbeat. Needless to say, John and I have been pretty devastated. We know that our sweet baby is in its heavenly fathers arms, and that does help. We also know that everything happens for a reason, I have to believe this sweet baby is much better off. I do not know how people go through things like this without a strong faith in God. He is my peace in this storm, and I know that when the time is right He will give us another wonderfully precious baby.
Please keep us in your prayers.

7 comments:
I'm so sorry, Gaitha! Please know that I will be praying for you guys. It is a terrible thing to lose a child no matter how long they were with you.
Yes He will...We are praying and I love you guys so very much and really wish you didn't have to go through this, do know that I am always, always there for you. I love you so much my sweet dear friend.
Gaitha, I am very sorry. That was such a sweet poem and it meant something to me. I will be praying for you and your family. You are a great Momma. Love on Emma and she will make you smile. Caleb helped me through my hard time.
Gaitha,
I'm so sorry to hear this :( I am praying for you and believing for God's peace that passes all understanding to be upon you all. The Devil may come to steal, kill, and destroy, but Jesus came so that we can have life and have it more abundantly. God will turn this around for GOOD! Keep your thoughts on that which is lovely, pure, and of good report. You have such a beautiful family and such a wonderful heart.
I love you
Deborah
We are praying for you all. We love and appreicate you!
Hey Gaitha Girl! I love you too. Happy Momma's Day to you. You're beautiful.
Post a Comment