Yeah that's totally where I am. I mean I haven't thought that I knew it all, but I guess I felt knowledgeable about God and the things of God. Right after my miscarriage in april, my mom lost her new husband to a massive heart attack(new husband like 3 months new). Then we bought a house, and there has been one thing after another go wrong with it, which has been a financial stain. All the while, my dad gets a bad report about his leukemia and has to begin taking chemo, and is out of work. I am so thankful for all that God has blessed me with, and I know in all the chaos and tragedies in life, that He is in control. But wow!! The crazy thing is, I trust him more now than ever. I have seen His faithfulness time and time again, in our finances, in our health, in our families....and on and on....
I do not understand why when it rains it pours, but I think it has something to do with character. I know that God has the answer to every trial I am faced with, and I know that it is not His will for me and my family to face so many of these things.
I have to be honest, through these last months, there has been many days that I do not want to talk to God, I have been sad, and hurt, and confused. But what I have seen is that when I do not commune with my Father, my heart hurts even more. I am His, I am bought with a price. He is the only reason I CAN face another day, so without Him, it makes no sense.
I trust Him, I love Him, I serve Him. And that is what matters in the end. Nothing else. It is not about me, it is ALL about Him.
I thought I knew this a few months ago, but I tell you, I have never known it like I do today.
I trust You, I love You, I serve You. Make this who, and what I am Lord.

2 comments:
Gaitha!!! I wish I could fly to Beaumont and give you a big hug. I am soooo sorry that you have been dealing with junk like this. I feel that exact way sometimes about when it rains it pours. I know that the enemy tries to get more out of us being in the ministry cause he knows we are doing awesome works. The attacks are stronger, but that just makes us stronger Christians! God totally has us in his hands. Just like you said we are His and only His and He knows what we can handle. Girl, don't ever hesitate to call. Please if you want to just vent I am totally here to listen. I love you and I will be praying for you.
gaitha,
so sorry to hear about all the yuck and the muck. God is faithful and his promises endure! i am praying for you and your family.
love you lots!
deborah
Post a Comment