Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time flies! Christmas and wrap up of 2008.

Well these are from before Christmas to Christmas day, pretty much highlights of December:) haha. Things get so crazy it gets hard to update but I know I need to more often. I believe it was the first week of December we got snow! Which was SO crazy here in south Texas! Emma did not really know what to think of it, except she liked to touch it, when we got inside, and I was taking her jacket off, she had a ball of snow clutched in her hand like she never wanted to let it go:) From that time on December was crazy! Christmas parties and Christmas shopping...ahhh, I love it, but I'm glad its over!
We had Christmas with my mom before Christmas and for some reason I ahve no pics of that on my camera, I think I was videoing and forgot to take pictures, sorry mom, I hope you took some. I did the same with John's family, we did Christmas with them the day after Christmas, and I do not have one picture! I am terrible! So the ones you see here are from Christmas eve and Christmas day with my dads side of the family. We had a wonderful Christmas and were truly blessed to be able to see all of our families, and share the time with them. We had a great time Christmas eve at my dads eating steak and opening presents, then on Christmas day we were at my dads sisters home my aunt judy. We ate and ate and ate some more, my dad led a devotion for us, we sang and we opened gifts, we played games Christmas night, which I love to do, and then we hung out in the garage for the kids to run around a bit (it was too cold outside). We had a great day! The next day we headed to houston to be with John's side of the family. We went to his sister Joni's home, we opened gifts friday night and just hung out, us girls sat around and talked about the guys and kids (of course what else is there..haha) and then watched some comedians on youtube:) Saturday morning I woke up with the cold/flu junk though, so satuday even though we had a good day with them I was half way there and half way in the bed feeling yucky!
Here is a qucik wrap up of 2008. The Lord has truly blessed us this past year! I have been able to stay home with our daughter and experience everything, it has been AMAZING! We have been blessed financially, spiritually, and in every aspect. I am more in love with my wonderful husband than the day I married him. Emma is in perfect health,smart and beautiful. We have been blessed with new friendships, and in the old friendships as well. We have seen new growth in our church body. I could go on and on, but I just want to say I can't wait to see what God is going to do in the Penningtons in 2009!!
Emma with her Pops
My sister's youngest Maggie playing with the strawberry shortcake ball and bat we got her

Emma Christmas night playing with the cousins:)


My cousin, my sister, me and Corrie Ann (with my sweet nephew in her belly)



Trying to get a Christmas day family pic



My dad, his wife, and all us kids and grandkids



John and Emma Christmas day



Emma on Christmas Eve


The 3 of us on Chistmas Eve at my Dads house


Emma and Daddy putting ornaments on the Christmas tree









Emma's First snow!














1 comment:

alicia said...

So cute. Love the pics with the snow. Yal look great. And Emma just looks as sweet as can be like her momma. Hope you are doing well. Wish we could see each other. I think about you often and when I do I pray for ya, but it seems like my hand can't dial your number. Sorry, I wish I was better at making phone calls but with 2 little ones it feels like I barely get time for Josh and I. Life is just so busy sometimes. Love ya girl.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker